Our body corporate specialists have an in-depth understanding of the strata industry because we act for all the stakeholders. We take a balanced, strategic and commercial approach in guiding committees, lot owners and other stakeholders through the myriad of legislation and competing interests that govern community title schemes to achieve a desired result.
Some of the services our body corporate specialists offer include:
- Advising committees on all aspects of the Body Corporate and Community Management Act and its regulation modules.
- Dispute resolution applications through the Office of the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Appeals of orders made by adjudicators and referees.
- Litigation in the Magistrates, District, Supreme, Federal and appellant Courts.
- Advising bodies corporate on the proposed assignment, variation, extension and termination of management rights agreements.
- Reviewing and advising on by-laws.
- Assisting committees to deal with building defects.
- Advising on unique pieces of strata legislation, such as the Building Units and Group Titles Act, Integrated Resort Development Act, Sanctuary Cove Resort Act, Mixed Units Development Act and South Bank Corporation Act.
- Advising on rights and obligations under building management statements.
- Assisting committee with objections to development application for neighbouring land and any other planning and environment matters that may affect the scheme land.
Whatever your building management challenges, we’re with you.