Thynne + Macartney has been working with religious and charitable organisations for over 100 years providing guidance on diverse areas such as property, commercial, corporate, and litigation and dispute resolution matters. With such a broad range of experience in the unique issues that religious and charitable institutions face in the course of their essential community work, we are well placed to partner with these organisations to find the best way toward their commercial and missional objectives.
Our lawyers have in-depth experience in understanding the additional complexity of the relationships that need to be managed within religious and charitable organisations, and the sometimes delicate media relations surrounding religious institutions. We protect and manage the relationships and reputations of our clients.
The firm currently acts for a diverse range of clients including the Roman Catholic Church, The Uniting Church, The Presbyterian Church, The Lutheran Church, The Anglican Church and the Seventh Day Adventist Church. We like to share our knowledge and experience, and hold free regular quarterly legal update forums for all religious & charitable clients to attend.
We are able to answer any questions about the following as they relate to religious and charitable organisations:
- commercial agreements including supply & acquisition, fundraising and information technology
- property acquisitions, sales and leases
- corporate governance
- employment law advice
- insurance and litigation
- GST and transfer duty exemptions and advice
- development and joint venture agreements
- building and construction advice
- representations to government
- defence of claims against religious & charitable organisations recognising public relations issues
When you have a mission, we’re with you.