With over 16 years’ legal experience, Danielle practises exclusively in town planning and environment law and has a broad range of experience working with both local government and developer clients.
In addition to providing advice regarding all aspects of town planning and environment law, she have extensive experience in town planning and environment law, dispute resolution and litigation.
Prior to practising law, Danielle worked in local government, including as a local government town planner, for more than a decade. This experience provided her with first-hand experience and knowledge of the challenges clients may face, as well as the ability to find practical solutions to be implemented within the planning and environment industry.
Awards & Recognition
Lawyers Weekly - Women in Law Awards
- Special Counsel of the Year - Finalist (2021)
- Admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in January 2005
- Masters of Law - University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) - University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Urban and Regional Planning (Town Planning) - University of New England
Memberships & Appointments
- Planning and Environment Court litigation and appeals in respect of development applications, infrastructure charges notice, enforcement notices and refusal of extensions to a relevant period or permissible change.
- Planning and Environment Court originating proceedings, including permissible changes to court orders, lapsed development approvals and statutory non-compliance.
- Town planning, environmental and local government advice generally, including advice in respect of the repealed Local Government Act 1936, Local Government (Planning and Environment) Act 1990, the Integrated Planning Act 1997 and the current Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
- Advice in respect of historical development rights and entitlements.
- Land Court proceedings, acquisition and compensation generally.
- Town planning due diligence and review of development approvals and conditions.
- Enforcement and prosecutions for development offences, including pursuant to the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and Building Act 1975.
- Advice in respect of town planning schemes, regional plans and other planning documents.
- Draft planning schemes and local laws, review of drafts schemes, policies and local laws prepared by others, review and preparation of submissions to draft documents during public notification.
- Development application advice and management generally.
- Vegetation clearing and advice in respect of the Vegetation Management Act 1999.
- Pre-1946 and pre-1911 demolitions and appeals (Brisbane).
- Infrastructure, including drafting infrastructure agreements.
- Advice in respect of matters arising under the Environmental Protection Act 1994.