Ruth is committed to helping international clients, primarily Asian clients, with their commercial and personal legal issues in Australia.
Her background and experience provide her with unique insights in and a deep understanding of her clients' circumstances and issues.
Fluent in speaking and writing in Mandarin with an understanding of Cantonese, Ruth uses her language skills to work directly with clients to liaise and connect them with experienced lawyers at Thynne + Macartney based on their needs and desired outcome.
With an in-depth knowledge of the migration laws and policies, Ruth can provide prompt and accurate advice to an extremely high standard on migration matters across a range of visas, including:
- business and investor visas
- employer sponsored visas (acting for the employer and employee)
- distinguished talent visas
- independent migration visas
- spouse visas
- parent visas
- other family visas
- student visas
She also assist clients with:
- visa appeals
- visa renewals
- ministerial intervention
Apart from being a solicitor, Ruth is also a registered migration agent (MARA: 1461116) who is committed to providing high quality migration and legal advice.
As a Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) member, she practises according to the MIA Code of Ethics, Practice and Conduct, which is designed to maintain the highest standard of professionalism across the migration industry. Ruth maintains her knowledge of migration laws and policies through ongoing CPD programs with the MIA as well as presenting seminars on migration laws and policies on a regular basis.
Having been through the migration process herself, she knows the process can be very complicated. Ruth also knows what prospective migrants have to go through and how it feels to start a new life in a foreign country. This helps her to understand her clients better.
Commencing family law matters is often emotional and complex, and for migrant families there can be unexpected hurdles. Working with our family law team, Ruth helps families navigate the challenges to achieve the best possible outcome.
The family law issues she assists in include:
- marriage, separation and divorce
- parenting orders
- binding financial agreements
- child support
Foreign investment and litigation
Ruth assists international clients with growing their investments in Australia. If needed, she is here to assist them to take the appropriate action to protect their interests and defend their rights.
She can assist with:
- starting an Australian business
- acquiring or selling interests in assets of Australian business
- applying for Foreign Investment Review Board approval
- acquiring or selling Australian real estate
- providing legal advice on a diverse range of commercial contracts and agreements
- dispute resolution
- Migration Institute of Australia (MARA: 1461116)
- Bachelor of Laws - North University of China
- Juris Doctor - Bond University
- Admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in September 2012