Lawyers Weekly selects Thynne + Macartney as finalist at the 2021 Australian Law Awards.
Thynne + Macartney is one of only three law firms to be recognised in both categories in consecutive years.
“Looking after our people and their wellbeing has been a guiding principle throughout Thynne + Macartney’s 128-year history,” said Chairman of Partners, Marc Maskell, “A highlight of the past 12-months has been the implementation of the firm’s ‘Remote Working and Working from Home Policy’ building on our flexible work practices to include structured remote working and allowing greater flexibility and balance between work and family needs.”
A Culture and Climate Survey conducted in September 2020 found:
- 97% of respondents:
- Enjoyed working at Thynne + Macartney;
- Would recommend Thynne + Macartney to family and friends for job opportunities;
- 96% of respondents:
- Felt that Thynne + Macartney supports work-life balance;
- Say teams work in a collaborative and cooperative manner
- 93% of respondents say:
- Thynne + Macartney has their best interests at heart;
- People at Thynne + Macartney trust one another; and
- 100% of respondents said they would recommend Thynne + Macartney to family and friends to become clients of the firm.
“Taking a holistic approach to lawyers, staff, their careers and lives is a key factor in our success,” said General Manager Ashley Lamb. “We set billable targets and requirements of our staff with regard to their lives and commitments outside of work. We believe if our people are health and happy, it reflects in everything they do – the quality of their work, the success of their relationships with clients and each other, and their positive contribution to the Queensland community.”
Lawyers Weekly is celebrating the 21st birthday of their annual Australian Law Awards, recognising Australia’s leaders in the legal industry. Winners will be announced on 29 August 2021.
Thynne + Macartney is also a finalist for Property Team of the Year having advised on more than 350 property transactions valued at more than $1.19 billion in FY21.