Thynne + Macartney has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Law Firm of the Year (1-100 lawyers) category at the 2021 Australasian Law Awards.
Judged on excellence in client service with demonstrated expertise across a range of practice areas, Thynne + Macartney is one of five finalists in this category.
Helping individuals and businesses grow in Queensland and across Australia since 1893, Thynne + Macartney is an independent, commercially focused law firm. We are the market-leaders in Agribusiness and Maritime + Transport and have leading boutique practices in Professional Indemnity, Property and Wills + Estates.
The legal expertise and industry knowledge of our lawyers has grown and developed in sectors important to Queensland. More than a century of knowledge has been passed to each generation of lawyers and to our clients – some even span multiple generations.
During 2020, our lawyers assisted clients on the following key matters:
- Completion of more than 330 property purchases or sales exceeding $1.2 billion in property value, including numerous signature blue ribbon rural property transactions.
- Advice on leases across more than 10 regional and suburban shopping centres and for iconic Australian retailers;
- Advice on leasing in one of Brisbane’s most iconic retail arcades;
- Advised Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association on the high-profile “APL England” container collapse when 50 containers were damaged or lost from the vessel after it hit rough seas south-east of Sydney in May 2020; and
- Blumke v Campbell & Anor  QCA 217 representing the respondents in this decision where, for the first time, the Court adjusted the Will so it did not unjustly disadvantage our clients.
The Australasian Law Awards recognise the region’s leading law firms, in-house legal teams, individuals, deals and cases over the past year.
All finalist submissions are currently undergoing external panel review and winners will be announced from June 15-17 2021.