Thynne + Macartney celebrated International Women’s Day (IWD) with a morning tea joined by special guest Rebecca Treston, QC.
This year’s theme for IWD is ‘Choose to Challenge’ and Rebecca encouraged us to live a life in balance. She emphasised this will be different for each person so it is important to find balance for yourself.
Rebecca’s top 10 tips for living a life in balance:
- Don’t take yourself too seriously – take work and your career seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Take a gap year, or several – life will march on and you can always come back to your career.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Come to work and do the very best that you can.
- When you go home, let it go and do something else – eg dinner with the family or your partner.
- Accept that life is something that happens to you when you are busy making other plans.
- Help women – we all do better when women do better.
- Enjoy at least one activity that feeds your soul.
- Speak out and speak up.
- Appreciate how lucky you are.
Rebecca Treston was called to the bar in February 1996 and was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2013. In 2018, she became the first female President of the Bar Association in Queensland.
Specialising in Wills, estates and trusts, insurance, common law and statutory liability, Rebecca is recognised by Doyle’s Guide as Queensland’s only senior counsel market leader for Wills & Estates Litigation and as one of three pre-eminent Silks in Wills & Estates Litigation in Australia.