At Thynne + Macartney we are proud to help people in our community in many ways.
As part of our philanthropic work we provide financial support to Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation. The Foundation funds innovative research projects in the Greenslopes Private Hospital to help patients get the best treatment possible and help staff work efficiently and effectively.
In 2022, Thynne + Macartney is continuing to support another great GMRF initiative, the Cancer Wellness Program. The Cancer Wellness Program offers free education and peer support sessions for people receiving cancer treatment and their loved ones at GPH. Holistic support can create a smoother experience for patients and their loved ones through treatment. We’re grateful to play a small part in making this community of care possible for the hundreds of people who rely on it.
Through the program members can access resources specific to their situation through sessions both online and in person, including:
- Talking to kids about cancer
- Legal and finance considerations
- Nutrition and exercise
- Palliative care information
- Diagnosis-specific peer support meetings
- Creative art workshops for social connection.
For more information, visit https://www.gallipoliresearch.com.au/hospital-initiatives/cancer-wellness/
Since 2016, Thynne + Macartney has donated $150,000 to support the Innovation Grants program empowering staff at Greenslopes Private Hospital to use their first-hand experience to enhance clinical outcomes, including:
- 2016 – investigation of the implementation of cognitive processing therapy treatment for veterans with PTSD
- 2017 – implementation of a patient liaison service to follow up patients after discharge from the Intensive Care Unit
- 2018 – launching an educational program to improve staff recognition and early intervention of hospital acquired pressure injuries
- 2019 – a project to improve communication skills among junior medical officers with patients
- 2020 – supporting the GMRF Cancer Wellness Program during COVID-19
- 2021 – supporting the GMRF Cancer Wellness Program during COVID-19
Thynne + Macartney also provides pro bono legal services to the Foundation.
The Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation (GMRF) is committed to enhancing the health and wellbeing of veterans, their families and the wider Australian community by undertaking innovative medical research and translating results into high impact solutions.