Alex is an agribusiness lawyer who has led some of Australia's largest rural property transactions, complex estate planning exercises and landholder compensation negotiations.
Thynne + Macartney's Agribusiness Group is recognised as the leader in Queensland and services a wide market of farmers, graziers and businesses with rural, residential and commercial property portfolios throughout Queensland, Northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
Alex is a valued part of his clients' businesses and a trusted advisor to families throughout rural Australia.
"Rural and regional Australia is the most rewarding and dynamic part of the Australian economy. The challenges of distance and isolation give rise to benefits of scale and productivity to grow wealth and generational businesses."
Alex is experienced in:
- large scale rural, residential and commercial property transactions;
- leases, agistment arrangements and share farming agreements;
- landholder compensation negotiations;
- business and trust structuring;
- management and consultancy agreements; and
- estate and succession planning.
Alex's family background keeps him invested in agricultural industries and close to markets and regional communities.
Thynne + Macartney has the leading agribusiness legal practice in Queensland and acts for over 1,200 corporations and families operating in the rural sector.
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers Australia
- Agriculture and Rural Affairs (2022)
Doyle's Guide Queensland
- Agribusiness – Recommended (2018-2021)
Lawyers Weekly – Australian Law Awards
- Property Team of the Year - Finalist (2017 & 2020-2021)
- Admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in December 2009
- Bachelor of Laws - University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management - University of Queensland
Memberships & Appointments
- Biosecurity Committee member
- Water Policy Committee former member
- Future Farmers Network
- Former director
- Goondicum Research Foundation
- Mulloon Institute Water Committee
- Queensland Chapter member
- Queensland Law Society
- Deputy Chair of Water and Agribusiness Committee
- Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority
- Approved advisor in the Carbon Farming Advice Rebate Program.