Ari assists farmers and graziers to protect their interests when buying and selling rural properties, running their businesses and planning for the future.
He has acted in several of Queensland’s headline rural property transactions in recent years. Ari guides clients through negotiations and consideration of taxation consequences and due diligence towards timely completion. Clients include agricultural businesses in Queensland, the Northern Territory and the border areas of northern New South Wales.
Ari helps landholders navigate their way through preliminary access arrangements through to compensation for open cut mines and extensive gas fields.
Ari has developed expertise in:
- environmental and planning laws, particularly related to vegetation management, feedlots and rural subdivisions;
- water entitlements;
- leasehold land tenures and tenure conversion;
- compensation for statutory resumptions;
- agistment agreements;
- share farming agreements; and
- management and consultancy agreements.
With a passion for broad-acre agriculture, Ari maintains connections with his extended family’s grazing businesses in Central Queensland. His relationships with other leading advisors and service providers to the agricultural industries also support his clients.
Thynne + Macartney has the leading agribusiness legal practice in Queensland and acts for over 1,200 corporations and families operating in the rural sector.
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers Australia
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs (2021)
Doyle’s Guide Queensland
- Agribusiness – Leading (2016-2020)
Lawyers Weekly – Australian Law Awards
- Property Team of the Year – Finalist (2017 & 2020)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) - University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Queensland
- Admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in June 2006