Danh has more than 12 years of legal and tax experience and provides strategic taxation and commercial advice to clients on their businesses, investments and structures, including inbound and outbound investments.
Danh has an extensive network of private equity firms (both in Australia and overseas), family offices, corporate advisors, accountants, property advisors and finance groups. His ability to connect clients with relevant contacts create opportunities for clients to achieve their goals.
Working closely with corporates, high net worth individuals, family offices, property developers, Australian and Asian based private equity firms, and medium to large businesses, Danh delivers solutions for:
- Tax efficiencies.
- Capital raising.
- Establishing Australian and overseas structures.
- Tax structuring for property developments.
- Tax and revenue disputes.
- Leveraged buyouts.
- Strategic partnerships.
- Mergers & acquisitions.
Danh is instrumental and efficient in structuring deals to help Australian business owners and property developers achieve tax efficiencies, find capital partners, divest and form strategic partnerships for expansion to Asia or source new supply/distribution channels in Asia.
He helps international clients with their taxation and commercial matters, particularly to invest in Australian properties and businesses or form strategic partnerships with Australian enterprises.
Most recently, Danh has been involved in private equity capital raising and M&A transactions in the information technology and manufacturing industries.
Prior roles at a big 4 accounting firm and the Australian Taxation Office mean that Danh can provide unique insights to help clients understand and navigate:
- International tax and cross-border transactions.
- Goods and services tax (GST).
- Income and capital gains tax (CGT).
- Corporate tax – including Division 7A.
- Consolidation regime.
- Taxation of trusts and partnerships
- Tax structuring for succession and estate planning.
- Structuring for personal and business asset protection.
- Tax structuring for family law and litigation.
- State taxes and duties in all jurisdictions
- Foreign investment review board requirements
- Compliance with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism laws for transfer of funds
- Applying for and maintaining tax exemption status for charities, not-for-profits and Indigenous corporations.
- Advice for cooperatives.
- JobKeeper objections and disputes.
- Cash economy, asset betterment disputes, private rulings.
- Tax planning for settlement sums and compensation payments.
- Private lending and security advice.
- Masters of Taxation (Tax Law) - University of New South Wales
- Admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in September 2008
- Bachelor of Laws - Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice - Queensland University of Technology