Tim leads Thynne + Macartney's Planning + Environment team and has over 20 years' experience practising in planning and environment law in Queensland.
His planning and environment law experience includes litigation and providing advice concerning development, management and compliance in this complex and changing area of law.
With experience in enforcement and prosecution proceedings for developments and environmental offences, Tim also drafts and negotiates infrastructure agreements, responds to compulsory acquisitions, Land Court litigation and advises on approvals and compliance with Environmental Authorities.
Working closely with clients to understand their objectives, Tim guides them through the intricacies of planning and environment law to create the best commercial result with minimal delay or obstruction.
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers Australia
- Land Use & Zoning (2017-2023)
- Lawyer of the Year for Land Use & Zoning (2020)
- Planning & Environment (2017-2023)
Doyle's Guide Queensland
- Planning & Development - Recommended (2015-2022)
- Environment & Heritage - Recommended (2019)
Lawyers Weekly - Partner of the Year Awards
- Partner of the Year for Planning & Environment - Finalist (2018 and 2021-2022)
- Admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in September 2000
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) - Queensland University of Technology
Memberships & Appointments
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Planning Professionals in Australia & New Zealand
- Queensland Environmental Law Association
- Queensland Law Society
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (Qld)
- Local Buy
Tim has worked with and represents local councils including:
- Noosa Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Mackay Regional Council
- Southern Downs Regional Council
- Redland City Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council