Andrew has practised exclusively in family law since 2005, working in both Brisbane and Toowoomba to support clients across Queensland, northern New South Wales and overseas.
An Accredited Specialist in family law by the Queensland Law Society since 2013, Andrew assists clients through what is often a difficult and traumatic time in their lives, Andrew takes a pragmatic approach to achieve the best outcome for his clients concerned with:
- Rural family law and third party / inter-generational interests;
- Parenting issues including child protection matters;
- Matrimonial and de facto property settlements
- Domestic and family violence matters;
- Third party intervention in matrimonial and de facto property settlements; and
- Child support matters.
His objective is always to make a difference for families, particularly those in rural and regional Australia, and to get the best outcome for his clients so they can move on with their lives.
Andrew prefers to work collaboratively with professional advisors including accountants, agribusiness consultants, financial planners and the other party's legal representatives to achieve pragmatic outcomes.
Admitted as a Legal Practitioner in Queensland and New South Wales, Andrew has experience in litigation, estate administration and agency matters.
Andrew is one of 195 Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialists in Family Law.
Thynne + Macartney's Family team has two accredited specialists.
Accredited Specialists are lawyers who have successfully completed an advanced, peer-reviewed assessment program specific to their area of expertise, demonstrating their high level of knowledge and skills in that area.
Only lawyers, not law practices, can be Accredited Specialists.
Mediation and Collaborative Law
Andrew is also a Nationally Accredited Mediator in both Family and General Commercial Law registered with the Mediator Standards Board. He is a member of and accredited by the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediations (AIFLAM) and the Queensland Law Society.
He is also a member of Resolution Institute.
Andrew has been qualified as a Collaborative Lawyer since 2013 and is a member of the Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners. He also serves as a member of the QACP's Board.
Awards & Recognition
Doyle's Guide Queensland
- Family & Divorce - Recommended (2017)
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law - Queensland Law Society
- Accredited Standard Mental Health First Aider - Mental Health First Aid Australia
- Collaborative lawyer since 2013 - Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner in the:
- Supreme Court of Queensland in December 2004
- Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2005
- High Court of Australia in 2005
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) - University of Queensland
Memberships & Appointments
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Child Protection Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Downs and South West Queensland District Law Association
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and Family Law Practitioners Association (Qld)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Board member
- Queensland Law Society
- Resolution Institute.
- Warwick Gliding Club and Gliding Federation of Australia