A Partner in the Business Advisory group, Peter has more than 35 years' experience providing legal advice and services in corporate and commercial law and commercial litigation matters.
Having developed niche expertise in the areas of competition and consumer law, intellectual property, contractual disputes and compulsory acquisitions. Peter has achieved significant breakthroughs for clients in each of these areas.
By cutting through the layers of complexity, Peter provides the most effective commercial strategy to assist his clients in achieving their goals.
He assists claimants who have been affected by resumption of property and prosecutes claims for compensation in the Land Court. Peter also advises clients in relation to their liability for breach of their duty of care or professional negligence.
Experienced in dealing with matters in the Supreme and District Courts of Queensland, the Supreme and County Courts of Victoria and the Federal Court, Peter has also negotiated directly with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) including negotiations with its chairman.
Awards & Recognition
Lawyers Weekly - Australian Law Awards
- Property Team of the Year - Finalist (2020)
- Admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in April 1982
- Bachelor of Laws - University of Queensland
Memberships & Appointments
- Conducting the successful defence of a corporation in the Federal Court against the most serious of proceedings brought by the ACCC – an allegation of price fixing. This involved negotiating directly with the then Chairman of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- Acting for a business owner/tenant and a landowner both of whom were affected by the resumption by Translink of business premises.
- Representation of a dispossessed owner of a property in Parkinson which was resumed by the Brisbane City Council.
- Representation of a property located near the border of Logan City which was resumed by the Brisbane City Council.
General Corporate and Commercial
- Representation of a Brisbane headquartered company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in the sale of all of the issued share capital in one of its subsidiary companies to the subsidiary of a French corporation.
- A significant litigation arising out of a contract, specifically a joint-venture agreement. The litigation related to the dissolution of the joint venture which had assets valued at $150 million.
- Defending a client against Federal Court proceedings brought in relation to an allegation of copying or reverse engineering the formula for a chemical used in the mining industry.