Our native title specialists have extensive experience in negotiating between stakeholders in native title and cultural heritage issues, assisting our clients to gain greater control of the outcome so they can move forward with their business and personal goals.
We understand the relationships between state and federal government, Aboriginal land councils, native title organisations and communities. We work with clients including primary producers, mining and gas companies, and infrastructure developers to explore solutions to a diversity of issues including:
- assessment of native title, cultural heritage and land rights issues associated with a proposed project including any legislative, regulatory or procedural requirements impacting on project outcome. Our specialists can provide native title, land rights and cultural heritage due diligence and audit reports
- steering clients through the resolution of any native title, cultural heritage and land rights issues including identification of strategies through to negotiation or court processes
- providing assistance with government approvals
- liaising with Indigenous communities and landowners
- drafting and advising on Indigenous land use agreements and right to negotiate agreements
- preparing cultural heritage management plans and native title agreements.
When it’s time to negotiate, we’re with you.